Saturday, February 14, 2009

Inspirational Quote of the Day

“Take Action!”

-Yahaya Baruwa


I thing this is a very unique quote in itself. This is mainly for two reasons, one because it is probably the shortest quote that exist, and two, because it is straight to the point. As a young entrepreneur, if I was asked to point out one thing that was my weakness, I would say “taking action” and here is my reason why. There are many times I would great ideas, but I would spend way too much time planning than I do work. Put it this way, I get Ready, aim, aim, aim, aim, aim, aim…and never fired. As a result of this delay in taking action I suffered some consequences; I have lost over $3,500.00 of my own money in many “planning” stages, almost lost my reputation and respect, wasted valuable time. However as a person of wisdom once said, “We learn the most about ourselves when we fail” I began to really focus on correcting this weakness by turning it into a major strength. Because I know that the only way to accomplish anything major in life, I need to take consistent action daily. Here is how I have been improving; 1. Instead of the “Ready, Aim, fire” approach, I use the “Ready, Fire, Aim” Approach. In case you don’t understand what I mean, let me explain the difference. Using the “Ready, Fire, Aim” approach, you take immediate action on whatever idea you are “inspired with, therefore you avoid wasting valuable time from over planning and you will find out quickly if the idea you have is good or not. Please keep in my that, if you have an idea that requires a great deal of investment to start e.g. $10,000.00, I recommend that you do all your planning before hand however you still have to avoid over planning. 2. I keep things as simple as possible. For example, if I don’t need to worry about business cards or a business logo or a business plan, I only focus on the tasks that will get my idea “off the ground.” On another note, I like to point out one more observation; from my experience of not taking action, I find that I did not taken action on many occasions because I feared that I did not have what it took and that I might fail. However, the way I have come to improve this aspect of myself is by reading personal development books such as Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, and many others. (Let me know if you want any recommendations).


Considering the above, I recommend that you take action on whatever it is you want to accomplish, today; right now. Keep in mind that these series of actions can be as small as getting out of your house and knocking on some doors or picking up the telephone and making some phone calls etc. Remember; as you begin to take action, gradually you will find that it will no longer be one of your weakness, but one of your strengths. This is what I am starting to realize. With that said, "Take Action!"



HappY Valentine’s Day-Be Good!


What are your thoughts on the above inspirational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts!



Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator



No comments:

Post a Comment