Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Motivational Quote of the Day

Flickr.com

Static Line Mass Parachute Jump

"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward sometimes to death but always to victory."

-Motto of the Kings guard in ancient Greece.

I think fear is the most limiting factor of human potential. Put it this way, a young man who has something of major importance to say, something that can easily change the faith of a nation from worse to great, will never step forward to make a speech because of the fear of the stage or the fear of ridicule. This is very unfortunate. A definition of fear i have heard and read over and over again is, F.E.A.R is False Ellusions Appearing Real. Please don't get me wrong, it is perfectly natural to have fear however when you do not have your fear(s) under control, you tend to become controlled by it. To illustrate what I mean, take my experience as an example. In 2006 while i was an army cadet, i had the rear opportunity to try out for the hardest course in the army cadets, The Basic Military Parachute Course. This 5 week course was so hard that almost 50% of the candidates would have been sent home because they failed to meet the challenges throught out the course and put in the fact that you have to properly learn how to jump out of an aircraft. Of course like any normal human being I feared that I did not have a chance and would not be able to even jump out of the airplane because of my fear of heights. Disregarding the above i decided that i would tryout for the course and gave my best eventhough the competition was very high (only 48 cadet were chosen throughout Canada out of about 200+ applicant). I made it on to the course and succeeded because I came to realize that the only fear that existed was in my head and that it was perfectly safe jumping out of the aircraft because people who came years before me did what I am now doing and are still alive. I have to say the course was the best and greatest achievement in my life and it would not have happended if i didnt have my fears under control.

Think about it!

Like i said earlier, fear is one of a few limiters of personal potential and you cannot accomplish something worthwhile if you are controlled by fear, however you can accomplish worthwhile things by feeling the fear and going through with whatever it is you want to accomplish. I am sure you have some degree of doubt saying "Yahaya, i think this is bullshit" and i dont blame you, i would say the same thing if i were in your shoes however i challenge you to accept the following challenge, within the next hour, do one thing which you would like to do yet fear doing it and see if what i said isn't accurate!


What are your thoughts on the above motivational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts or click the envelop picture to receive daily inspirational quote in your inbox!

Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s inspirational quote of the day!
(Refer to archive to view past quotes)

No comments:

Post a Comment