Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Motivational Quote of the Day

Courtesy of Flickr.com

"Be careful what you wish for, because you might receive"
India Arie

This is a quote by a famous grammy winning American soul and R&B singer, India Arie from the song, "Ready for love" from the album "Acoustic Soul." The reason why I choose to use this quote is that it is soo simple but yet taken for granted. Have you ever had a situation where you or a friend say something about their current situation that they know they would really not like to be a reality? Here is what I mean, I have heard friends say things like "I can't afford it, I am poor" or "I want to kill myself." A lot of the time this is meant as just sentences however over time it become like a habit and the they begin to say it over and over again, which eventually leads them to start believe this is the case when it is not. This is because they kept reaffirming this to themselves.

If you are going to say something some much that it becomes your reality, why not let it be something positive and constructive in nature, for example instead of saying "I am poor, I can't afford it", say "I am rich, I can afford it" or instead of "I don't have what it takes" say "I do have what it takes." Don't worry if the above does not make sense, just give it a try in your daily life and you'll see what I mean.

As you keep affirming the positive statements to yourself, you will start to make them a physical part of your reality because you will become very aware of how to make the happen.

What are your thoughts on the above inspirational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts or click the envelop picture to receive daily inspirational quote in your inbox!

Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator

Stay tune for tomorrow’s inspirational quote of the day!
(Refer to archive to view past quotes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment