Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspirational Quote of the Day

Reginald F. Lewis 1942-1993


"Keep going no matter what."
-Reginald F Lewis

This amazing quote is by my Favorite mentor of all time Mr Reginald F Lewis. Born in the era when racial discrimination was wide spread in the USA, the reason why Mr Lewis is my all time favorite mentor is that despite the inequality which was a enough to be a major road block for most people in his situation, African-Americans, he was able to achieve what seemed to be impossible making him at one point the Wealthiest African-American in America. And the other achievement was the purchase of the major food company, Beatrice International Foods.

I recommend that you read his Autobiography, "Why should white guys have all the fun?" Now you are probably thinking "What kind of book is that?" It is an awesome book. I can guarantee it to be a source of inspiration for you like it is for me- regardless of what background or race you are-Success is not limited by race, class or creed, it is limited by noting! The book is inspirational for me because looking at where I am now in my life, I can easily relate to Mr. Lewis and his experiences in different areas of his life such as how he dealt with family, friends, and people and by starting to deal with this area similarly.

The point I am making clear above is that, Mr Lewis Kept going regardless of all the roadblock that appeared as stopping block and did not think about quitting because what he was pursuing, was much more important and of greater value than the so call road blocks.

What this quote means to me: I think this quote directly addresses the human tendency to quit and give up at the first sign of defeat. By keeping no matter what we can overcome whatever it is that seems to be in way, just like in the case of Mr Lewis.

What are your thoughts on the above inspirational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts!

Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator

Stay tune for tomorrow’s inspirational quote of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment