Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Motivational Quote of the Day



"If I have seen farther than others, it is because i am standing on the shoulder of giants."
-anonymous

First of all, like to apologize if there is any inaccuracy in the above quote of the day. Please let me know if the quote is not accurate and if you know the author, thank you.

Now back to the quote of the day. This is one of a very few selection of quotes that i named my favorites and ones that i live by. If you haven't already figured it out yet, the quote i think addresses the importance of mentorship. In my opinion (plz feel free to disagree and set me right), i think a great major of people have and continue to neglect the importance of the concept of mentorship. I believe having a mentor in anything you do, whether it be driving a standard car, in your sales career, or for guys when it comes to dealing with the ladies or vice versa; will almost double your chances of succeeding at whatever it is you are aiming to succeed in. Now, you are probably thinking "where is this guy getting all these information from?" This is a consistent pattern i have found throughout my interaction with highly successful individuals, and through my study of self-development books, autobiographies, and tapes. However, you are probably tired of hearing about a third party's experience so for the purpose of clearly gettting across what i mean, consider my personal example. Never been successful in a sales environment, here i was being offered a sales position at a fitness centre downtown Toronto. My first instinct was to say no, however i decided to give it a go, considering that it is a natural human instinct to avoid experiencing a negative experience a second time. After i started the job, i realized that many people like me were succeeding...then i started to become an apprentice to all the really good people i could find. Within my second month i began to notice that i was making more sales on my own effort that i decided that i would pursue a higher commissions cheque by working for straight commission instead on relying on the base pay.

The above illustration is just one of many experiences that proved to me that mentorship works and always will for anyone who want to achieve anything.....just find the person who has accomplished what you want to accomplish and sit down with them...I can promise you that if they are the right person, you will be on your way to achieving whatever it is you want to accomplish because the wisdom you get from the mentor(s), regardless how small, will out weigh any amount of gold!

If you do not believe me, I dare you to try it for yourself...if I turn out to be inaccurate, you have my word, i will delete this whole BLOG!



What are your thoughts on the above motivational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts or click the envelop picture to receive daily inspirational quote in your inbox!

Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s inspirational quote of the day!
(Refer to archive to view past quotes)

1 comment: