Friday, February 20, 2009

Inspirational Quote of the Day


"Four short words sum up what has lifted most successful individuals above the crowd: a little bit more. They did all that was expected of them and a little bit more."

-A. Lou Vickery


This is a very interesting quotation; it addresses what I think a lot of people take for granted. This is concerning the importance of "going the extra mile." I agree that it is definitely this fact that separate very successful people from everybody else. For example, as a sales person for a fitness center in downtown Toronto, I found the few people who were highly successful were for example, the Sales Managers, General Managers, Regional Managers, etc. I figured "these people are no different than I am" they were all once sales people like me. However, the only difference was that these people went the extra mile which allowed them the opportunity to advance. They read and continue to read personal development books, Sales books, seek responsibilities, exceeded their monthly quotas, etc. With this realization, I began doing as they did and I found that there was nothing impossible about it. I began to have more member referrals because I that the time and patience to serve a new member; invested in multiple sales books and also books on attitude and most importantly, I became a mentee to the managers. The above example may not seem to be as much, however, if you take a few moment and really think about the for words, "a little bit more" and start incorporating it in your daily life, you will find yourself experiencing many benefits, be it big or small. Example, this could be the joy you get from holding the door for someone, or giving up your seat on the public transit for somebody else; or taking the time to exceed your boss' expectation by making 10 new sales instead of just 7. This tends to separate you from everybody else, because you are more productive, hardworking, kind, and friendly, therefore making you a success in the process because those are the traits your boss and people in general are attracted to. I know this is true in my experience, my manager will recognize my hard work by giving my company generated business and I have expanded my network of friends because I posses the above traits and much more.


I definitely recommend that you really start "doing a little bit more" or "going the extra mile" in your daily life because believe it or not you will start enjoying benefits that may have seem impossible in the past.


What are your thoughts on the above inspirational quote…? Click on “Comment” below to share your thoughts or click the envelop below (beside "comments") to receive daily inspirational quote in your inbox!


Inspirational Quote of the Day brought to you by

www. YaHaYa .ca

Your Online Motivator

Stay tune for tomorrow’s inspirational quote of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment